Last Updated on by
If you are want to start a blog and confuse with so many options.
Well, I know it’s quite difficult for new peoples. Who just thinking about starting their first site.
In this article, I will help you to choose the best blogging platform that right for you.
I will also give you details, pros, cons, and the price of the most popular best blogging platforms out there.
How to Choose the Best Blogging Platform?
If you get started with a wrong platform then it might be difficult to grow your site.
That’s mean it is important to choose a self-hosted, flexible blog rather than a free platform.
List of Best Free and Paid blogging Platforms in 2020
It was launched back in 2003 and it is open-source software that helps to build a website.
Note: Don’t confuse open source software WordPress.org with the WordPress.com. it’s not good as WordPress.org
Most of bloggers and marketers using the same WordPress.org platform to run their sites. You only need to get a WordPress hosting from their hosting providers. I recommend you take hosting from the Bluehost and it is also recommended by WordPress, basic plan starts from just $3.95/monthly.
• You get lots of free Beautiful and mobile-ready themes that’s make your site more user-friendly.
You can register a domain from GoDaddy and NameCheap both are the good domain registrar company and also need the hosting $3.95/monthly.
You can start a basic blog for free on WordPress.com with WordPress domain. But later you need to take more things like custom domain, storage, and other premium services to grow your site and one more thing is without taking their paid plan you can’t able to grow your site.
However, it comes with a hosting solution but you don’t have 100% control over your site.
• Get hundreds of free theme design.
• You don’t have complete control over your site like in the self-hosted site.
WordPress.com is a free Blogging provider but has some limitations with the free plan you will get a domain name like yourname.wordpress.com and shows ads on your site.
You need to upgrade to their Personal plan for $2.99/month to remove the logo and advertisement from your blog even gets a custom domain for your blog.
Later you have to pay more to get additional design and extend storage.
You can create a free blog with their Blogspot domain and can also monetize your blog with Google Adsense to make money from basic blogging. It is good for beginner’s bloggers, most of the bloggers started their Blogging journey from this platform.
If you want to do serious blogging and also want to make money then I recommend you to take your blog on WordPress.org platform.
• You get unlimited bandwidth and they have also the advantage of Google.
• Easy to get back up and migrate your site to WordPress platform.
• Blogger hasn’t much improved its features from the last few years.
• Google can suspend your site at any time, without know you. If they find anything wrong.
If you want to use a custom domain then you can buy a domain from a domain registrar company like GoDaddy and Namecheap, It cost will be around $15/year.
After taking a domain name then you can add your custom diamond at the place of free Blogspot domain.
It was founded in 2007 and acquired by Yahoo in 2013.
Tumblr has a serious lack of tools but it’s free and easy to use.
• You can easily make different media contact.
• Tumblr has a Simple interface.
• It is difficult to get back up and migrate your blog to other platforms.
• Tools, Features, and Themes are really poor and not useful.
If you want to use a custom domain then you can buy it from any domain registrar.
You can also buy the additional themes However, some plugins are free but unfortunately, they are not so useful.
It has also limited social networking feature they are very easy to use.
• Medium helps to reach up to people, who have a similar interest as you.
• You can design your website very easily.
• Medium features are so limited.
• Medium owns your audience, if you lose your blog then you also lose your followers.
Medium is free for use but you can’t monetize your blog well.
It’s good for the small business owner who wants to create a website for their business.
• It’s a little expensive for small businesses.
Squarespace plans might be expensive for beginners.
You can create stunning websites using their features.
It helps to create a blog around your website easily.
• You don’t require coding skills, you can use their drag and drop tool to build a better site.
• It’s easy to set up with Wix and doesn’t need additional Hosting for your site.
• Features are very limited.
• Once you choose the template then you can’t change it later.
• Even free third-party apps are limited.
Wix premium plan starts from $29/month.
They provide easy to use features with a drag and drop tool that helps those who has no coding skill?
• They provide quick and easy setup and also host your site for you.
• You can use Webbly for free that allows trying his services.
• Migration your site from Weebly to another platform is difficult.
• They have limited features.
I highly recommend you to build a site on WordPress.org to start a self-hosted blog.
It’s extremely powerful and easy to use and flexible than all of the other blogging platforms.
I hope this article helped you to choose the right blogging platform for your blog. If you are going to start blogging with WordPress then self-hosted platform then follows this article How to start a WordPress site on Bluehost step by step guide.