Last Updated on May 14, 2021 by Kundan Sharma
Are you an individual, manager, and team leader? If you are, then probably you may be looking for the best team management software.
In this article, I have shared the 10 best team management tools that help to manage teams, tasks, and projects. Using any of these tools makes you and your team more productive.
What is Team Management?
A team management tool is a software that helps teams to collaborate & communicate and manage a group of people.
It boost work productivity, plan workflows, assign tasks and organize everything in one place.
In short, the best team management platform improves the work quality of a team by maintaining work and life balance.
Here are some features of team management software includes:
Team Scheduling: allow to assign a task to the right people and track the project due dates which are shared in the calendar.
Storing: you can upload & save projects, documents, files, and images. so they can easily get access by other team members.
Communicate: you can create and join discussions, send emails, or add comments to projects & tasks. Some team management platforms have the group chat feature.
Reporting: it helps to generate project reports, analyse and compare team performance, so you will be always aware of the project deadline.
Well, most team management platforms have all of these above-listed features. But, every software has its own unique team & task managing solution.
So, careful before come to chose a tool, the best thing is most tools have a free plan, try them for free before upgrade to premium.
Here is the 10 best team management software.
Teamwork is one of the easiest and most powerful ways to manage your team and work. It has a CRM, Chat, Desktop software integration and manages complex projects with ease.
It has been trusted by 20,000 businesses and 6,000 agencies globally.
It’s easy to create tasks and projects, upload files and add customers. You can view your project as a task list, gantt chat, or board view, the platform is customizable.
As I mentioned, earlier manage complex projects with ease, lets you instantly know what’s on track and off-track using dashboard and project health status.
It has easily integrated with marketing tools that you have already used such as Slack, Hubspot, Google Drive, QuickBook, and many more others.
- Helps in manage complex team projects with ease
- In build time tracking feature
- View projects as a task list, Gantt chart, and board view
- project health status report
- Get insights about teamwork and its resources
- Allow to upload project files on the platform
- Integrated support including slack, hubspot, zapier, google drive, dropbox, and more
- Helpdesk, CRM, and chat software for effective workflow
- 24/7 customers support
- Reporting dashboard & workflow management
Teamwork basic plan is always free for individual or how just getting started with project management.
Deliver plan costs $10 per month includes 20 project templates, time tracking invoice, agile view with workflow collaboration document, and more.
Grow Plan costs $18 per month, everything in the Dliver plus 50 project templates, custom fields, project portfolio, workflows, hubspot integration, and more.
They also have an Enterprise plan that has custom pricing depends on your requirement.
However, you can try its premium plan 30-days for free, no credit card required.Visit Teamwork
It allows you to manage tasks, creates a team & schedule work, track work time, and bill your clients. You can schedule & monitor activity in real-time and easy adjustment with the Gantt charts.
Paymo managed over 2.12 million projects and 2.08 billion invoices. Starts are really impressive.
It has integrated with Gsuite, Google Apps, Slack, Quickbook, Zapier, and more.
It’s a complete management tool. Offer bird’s eye view for team utilization, You can easily find in timeline, who’s available for work or not.
Paymo helps in invoicing too, you can create invoice and share with your client for approval. They also offer to get paid directly from the invoice through one of the native payment getaways.
- Advanced task management system
- Easy scheuling and monetoring
- Real-time task comments
- Allow to see task list and due dates to organize tasks
- Measure work time on desktop and mobile apps
- Customizable report builder
- Bird’s eye view for team utilization
- Allow to create and send an invoice to the clients
- Enable you to accept online payments for invoices
- Easily integration with other task management tools
- Add, track expenses with multiple language support
Paymo offers free trial, you can try it absolutely for free.
However, the Small Office plan costs $9.95 per month and the Business plan costs $15.79 per month. There are no user limits.Visit Paymo
ClickUp is a popular team management application that saves one day of a week, guaranteed.
It’s a customizable productivity team & task management platform that has replaced multiple workspace apps and tools, having everything in one roof.
ClickUp is one of the best team management software in the market and loaded with 100 proprietory features, so you will able to choose what you want and everything else.
It’s a completely customizable platform, lets you create your own views such as list view, board view, box view, calendar view, gantt view, form view, activity view, and more.
ClickUp allows send and receive emails directly with platform, easily communicate on emails with team members.
You can monitor your daily tasks, achievements, and google calendar events in one dashboard.
The best thing is if you already have using any productivity app then it’s easy and quick to switch to Clickup in few minutes.
- Drag & drop feature for custom templates
- Agile board view with status templates
- Allow creating own view lists such as calendar view, gantt view, box view and etc
- You can create mind maps
- Let you automatically import from other productivity apps
- 1000+ integration support
- ClickUp apps available for App Store, Google Play, Mac, Windows, Chrome, and more
- Bulk scheduling with Gantt chats
- Real-time management through custom dashboard
- Workflow chat to fin who is booked and who has the time for work
ClickUp has 4 plans including a free forever plan. The Unlimited plan costs $5 per month. when billed annually includes unlimited storage, unlimited list, board and calendar view, unlimited integrations, and unlimited dashboard.
The Business plan costs $9 per month, everything in the Unlimited plan plus Google SSO, custom export, all dashboard widgets, all automation, advance time tracking, and more.
Enterprise plan has a custom price, you need to mail their sales department to get a custom pricing for you depending on your requirements.Visit ClickUp
Monday.com is a team management tool that helps to manage everything like team, tasks, and projects.
Over 100,000 teams get their work done with monday,com, brands like Hulu, Coca Cola, Adobe are using this platform for a smooth workflow.
You can plan, track and deliver your team’s work at one workspace.
Allow to create a project plan with the help of a complete drag and drop tool, you can be started with hundreds of customizable templates.
Visualize your work with different views such as chats, timeline, kanban, and more. It helps to save your valuable time and less human error with automation, simple automate the repetitive work in seconds.
They have 24/7 customer support that makes sure helps you out when you stuck at something, the average response time less than 60 minutes.
You can plan workflow and share files from anywhere. It’s available in both mobile app and website.
They help in various works such as project management, team management, sales, CRM, task management, and remote work.
Monday.com makes team collaboration effective, brings all team members on one platform to reduce communication barriers.
They will have to manage all of your incoming & existing contacts by customer type, priority, contact details and will also let you manage sales pipeline as well.
- Easy to visual drag and drop interface
- Readymade templates for getting started in seconds
- Different data visualization such as calendar, timeline, gantt, map, form, and workload
- Easy integration with 3rd party tools
- Allow to manage projects, task, and remote work
- Complete sales and CRM solution for manage sales pipeline
- Let you automate your workflow
- Easily manage all incoming and existing customers
- Remove communication barriers with team members
- Stay connected anytime & anywhere with your team with mobile application
They offer a 14-day free trial. However. the Basic plan subscription starts at $8/mo, the Standard plan costs $10/mo and the Pro plan around $16/mo.
They also have an Enterprise plan, have custom pricing contact their staff for pricing.Visit Monday.com
Over 100,000 teams have trust on Todoist to manage their team members, projects, and tasks. If organize your team’s tasks, files, and discussions in one place, track progress & delivery on time.
Prioritize task is very important to get organized and focus on projects that really important, and Todoist helps in that you’ll always aware of what to work on next.
Todoist apps are available on all major devices desktop, mobile, web browsers, wearables, and emails.
There are many built-in categorized templates to help you get started, for areas such as management, development, education, and others.
It integrates over 50 platforms, you can share data with even more apps via Zapier integration.
You can set up due dates, prioritize tasks for them and set up reminders to make sure you don’t forget to do things on time.
- Customizable premade templates
- You can create and manage projects, tasks, set up due dates, and assigning responsibility
- Complete drag and drop dashboard
- 10 apps and plugins
- Multiple integrations including Zapier
- Centralized admin to keep eyes on projects and team
- Bank-level encryption ensuring security and reliability
- Automatic Backup
They have a free plan with basic features, the premium plan starts at $3 per month and the Business plan costs $5 per month.Visit Todoist
Its a popular team management tool, organize work so team knows what to do, and how to get it done quickly.
When comes to project management, they make sure to stay organize and connect everything. Bring team’s work on one shared space and also let you choose project view that you like, There are 3 mainly major views you would love that List view, Timeline, and Boards.
It prioritizes your project tasks to let your team know the tasks that they need to complete first.
The platform integrates with over 100 tools and software to collaborate and communicate, gives you real-time insights to keep your eyes on your team process and workload.
You can easily find are the projects on track, off track, or at risk.
- Manage the team, work, projects, and task in a systematic way through custom fields, forms, subtasks, and attachment
- Several integration options including Slack, Gmail, Zoom, Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe creative cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and more
- Prioritize tasks and set deadlines
- View project status in real-time
- Assess the workload on each member of the team
- Create custom rules in seconds to automate daily common tasks and reduce human errors
- Choose from over 50+ project templates
It has 4 different plans Basic, Premium, Business, and Enterprise.
Basic: This plan is always free and allows to manage unlimited task, projects and more.
Premium: The plan costs $10.99 per month includes everything in the Basic plus Timeline, Dashboard, Advance Search & reporting, Custom fields, Forms, Rules, and many more.
Business: The plan costs $24.99 per month including everything in the Premium plus Portfolios, Goals, Custom rule builder, Workload, Form branding & customization, Advanced integration.
Enterprise: This plan has a custom pricing option depends on your requirements. You need to contact the Asana team for price information.Visit Asana
Trello is a team management software that helps in collaborate, manage projects and reach new productivity pick.
It has been using by over 1,000,000 teams worldwide including some brands like Google, eBay, SpoutSocial, and more.
It’s a very easy-to-use cloud-based digital board that supports work visibility.
Trello cards represent work and tasks that the user can short, label, and move across different work stages, the card can contain task comments, description, and activity.
You can also perform different functions such as add members, checklists, due dates, and file attachments.
Trello compatible with desktop, tablet, or mobile devices. so, no matter where your team members are, they can easily collaborate with the rest of their team from anywhere.
There are power-up features that let you connect third-party apps that teams are using or rely on. You will also able to integrate email marketing tools with Trello.
- Automation without coding, reducing tedious tasks
- You can check due dates, attachments, conversation, and more
- Easily integrate with popular tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, Microsoft Team, and etc
- Over 1,000,000 team using Trello including popular brands Google, eBay, and Spoutsocial
- App available for Apple and Android users
- 100+ power-ups to get compatible with 3rd party tools
- Multi-board guests
- 2-factor authentication
- Priority support for premium plans
Trello Basic plan is free for those who just getting started with a team management tool. the Business Class plan costs $10 per month, has everything that Trello offers.
On the other hand, they also have an Enterprise plan that has custom pricing, you’ll have to contact their sales team to build a customized plan for you.Visit Trello
If your team working remotely then Basecamp is one of the best all-in-one toolkits for you.
They organize everything in one place. It has outstanding automation and integration option that allows you to smooth your workflow.
On their message boards team can post, questions, alerts, and messages related to the project.
Basecamp also manages client’s information, you’ll able to share information and files with clients to get their feedback instantly, no need to go to another 3rd party platform for communication.
They allow to upload files into Basecamp, user can drag and drop Google files on network or computer directly into the platform.
It’s available on the web, android, and ios. so you can easily connect to your team at your own convenience.
Basecamp alone does the work and replace multiple productivity tools such as Slack, Asana, Dropbox, Gsuite, and more.
- Instant messaging and real-time chats
- Interactive Gantt view
- You can beak your project in separate parts
- Manage boards keep the entire conversation on a single page
- Create do-to lists for all the work you need to accomplish
- Allow scheduling projects for on a specific date
- Projects have space to share documents, files, and images
- Automate check-ins to perform a regular task while save time
- Suitable for individuals, business, managers, and freelancers
- Support Windows, iPhone, and Android devices
- Hill-Chats for project tracking
They offer a 30-day free trial of their Business Plan, which costs $99 per month, no credit card required.
There’s also a personal plan offered by Basecamp, has limited features but free for everyone.Visit Basecamp
Hive is a popular productivity tool, thousand of companies have using it all over the world to manage their team work.
Trusted by some leading companies like Starbucks, Google, Toyota, and IBM.
They give freedom to work and manage projects in their own way, has 4 different viewpoints Gantt, Kanban, Calendar, and Table. so your team can visualize data in their suitable way.
It has robust features, you can plan projects, track work, and execute flawless campaigns right from the dashboard.
Hive has an integrated email box that pulls Gmail or Outlook messages into Hive, so you don’t need to leave the platform to communicate with the team or client.
Built-in templates for getting started with task management quickly. Hive has native integrations and also partnered with Zapier, which allows its platform to integrate over 1000 tools.
There’s some popular integration tools you use daily such as Google Drive, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Gmail, OneDrice, Google Clander, Zoom, and more.
This is the best tool for project managers, individuals, marketing agencies, education institutes, and more.
The company has the aim to improve cloud-based workspace productivity for all sizes of businesses.
- Organize work via different views Gantt Chats, Kanban, Calendar, and Table
- Centralize dashboard
- 1000 integration with Zapier
- Trusted by leading brands Google, Starbucks, IBM, and Toyota
- Plan and schedule projects
- Monitor and report project in realtime
- Upload document on their platform
- Import message of Gmail and Outlook on Hive platform
- Collect clients and project information via forms
- Automate repeatable work through have built-in templates
Hive offers a 14-day free trial. the plan starts from $12 per month including flexible project layouts, chat, Hive mail, automation workflow, and more.
The Enterprise plan which is suitable for the organization has custom pricing. You will need to contact the Hive team for quotes.
Although, Hive offers some premium addons, if you need them then you need to pay for an additional addon amount + base price.Visit Hive
Wrike is a robust team management software that empower your team to do the best work. It transfers the way to your team work with live 360 visibility, department collaboration, and powerful automation.
It’s a productivity tool that needs for any team, has customized dashboards, workflows, request forms, and more.
You can visualize plans and projects with the help of Gantt Chats, Kanban Chats, Workload View, and Calendars. They allows to track time spent on the project and also let you edit word documents, pdf, and image on cloud.
Wrike integrates with various tools including Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, JIRA, GitHub and more.
They offer custom request forms, allow you to gather data and auto-assign tasks to the right teams, complete automation, and streamline process.
It’s a secure cloud-based team management platform that secures all of your data.
- Gantt charts, calendar, kanban, workload view, and more
- Customizable pre-built templates
- 400+ apps integrations
- Realtime updates of projects
- Bird-eye view to keep eyes on individual task and team members.
- Cross-department communication and powerful automation
- Enterprise-grade security
- Share files, tasks, and reports instantly
- Simple drag and drop interface
- Automate task approval process after accomplish
- Real-time insights to visualize progress and team performance
Wrike has a free plan with limited features. the professional plan starts at 9.80 per month for project planning & collaboration, including 5GB of storage space.
The Business plan costs $24.80 per month, has robust work management & customization options comes with 50 GB of software, time tracking, report templates, calendar, request forms, salesforce integration, and more.
There’s an Enterprise plan, you need to quote their sales department.Visit Wrike
Over to You
Team management software is effective in managing your team, tasks, and projects. If you are a manager or has a large team to manage, it helps you to effortlessly collaborate with a team.
Every team member can enjoy work transparency and easy communication with each other.
A team management tool also assigns tasks to members according to their workflow or specialization and integration option, let users connect with third-party apps to manage everything from the single platform.
We have mentioned some of the best team management software, you can choose one depending on your need.