Last Updated on February 18, 2024 by Kundan Sharma
Are you an individual, manager, and team leader? If you are, then probably you might be looking for the best team management software.
In this article, I have shared the 10 best team management tools that help to manage teams, tasks, and projects. Using any of these tools you can make your team more productive.
Table of Contents
What is Team Management?
A team management tool is software that helps teams to collaborate & communicate and manage a group of people.
It boosts work productivity, plans workflows, assigns tasks, and organizes everything in one place.
In short, the best team management platform improves the work quality of a team by maintaining work and life balance.
Here are some features of team management software includes:
Team Scheduling: allows to assignment of a task to the right people and tracking of the project due dates which are shared in the calendar.
Storing: you can upload & save projects, documents, files, and images. so they can easily get access from other team members.
Communicate: you can create and join discussions, send emails, or add comments to projects & tasks. Some team management platforms have a group chat feature.
Reporting: it helps to generate project reports and compare team performance, so you will be always aware of the project deadline.
Well, most team management platforms have all of these above-listed features. But, every software has its own unique team & task-managing solution.
So, be careful before choosing a tool, the best thing is most tools have a free plan, try them for free before upgrading to premium.
Here are the 10 best team management software;
Teamwork is one of the easiest and most powerful ways to manage your team and work. It has a CRM, Chat, Desktop software integration and manages complex projects with ease.
It has been trusted by 20,000 businesses and 6,000 agencies globally.
It’s easy to create tasks and projects, upload files and add customers. You can view your project as a task list, Gantt chart, or board view, the platform is customizable.
As I mentioned, earlier managing complex projects with ease, lets you instantly know what’s on track and off-track using a dashboard and project health status.
It is easily integrated with marketing tools that you have already used such as Slack, Hubspot, Google Drive, QuickBooks, and many others.
- Helps in managing complex team projects with ease
- In build time tracking feature
- View projects as a task list, Gantt chart, and board view
- project health status report
- Get insights about teamwork and its resources
- Allow uploading project files on the platform
- Integrated support including Slack, HubSpot, Zapier, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more
- Helpdesk, CRM, and chat software for effective workflow
- 24/7 customers support
- Reporting dashboard & workflow management
Teamwork basic plan is forever free for individuals or how just getting started with project management.
Starter plan costs $5.99 per month, and includes 10 project templates, time-tracking invoices, an agile view with workflow collaboration document, unlimited tasklist templates, and more.
Deliver plan costs $9.99 per month, everything in the Starter, plus 20 project templates, 3 custom fields, project portfolio, intake forms, 1000 automation, workflows, HubSpot integration, and more.
Grow plan starting from $19.99 per month, and has everything in the Deliver plan plus; 50 project templates, unlimited custom fields, 2000 automation, resource scheduling, burndown reports, and more.
They also have a Scale plan that has custom pricing depending on your requirements. You can request a demo.
However, you can try its premium plan for 30 days for free. No credit card required.
ClickUp is a popular team management application that saves one day of a week, guaranteed.
It’s a customizable productivity team & task management platform that has replaced multiple workspace apps and tools, having everything under one roof.
ClickUp is one of the best team management software in the market and is loaded with 100 proprietary features, so you can choose what you want to do with it.
It’s a completely customizable platform, that lets you create your own views such as list view, board view, box view, calendar view, Gantt view, form view, activity view, and more.
ClickUp allows sending and receiving emails directly with the platform and easily communicates on emails with team members.
You can monitor your daily tasks, achievements, and Google Calendar events in one dashboard.
The best thing is if you already have using any productivity app then it’s easy and quick to switch to Clickup in a few minutes.
- Drag & drop feature for custom templates
- Agile board view with status templates
- Allow creating own view lists such as calendar view, Gantt view, box view and etc
- You can create mind maps
- Let you automatically import from other productivity apps
- 1000+ integration support
- ClickUp apps are available for App Store, Google Play, Mac, Windows, Chrome, and more
- Bulk scheduling with Gantt chats
- Real-time management through a custom dashboard
- Workflow chat to find who is booked and who has the time for work
ClickUp has 4 plans including a free forever plan. The Unlimited plan costs $5 per month. when billed annually includes unlimited storage, unlimited list, board and calendar view, unlimited integrations, and unlimited dashboard.
The Business plan costs $9 per month, everything in the Unlimited plan plus Google SSO, custom export, all dashboard widgets, all automation, advance time tracking, and more.
Enterprise plan has a custom price, you need to mail their sales department to get a custom pricing for you depending on your requirements. Use ClickUp promo code to 15% OFF.
Monday.com is a team management tool that helps to manage everything like teams, tasks, and projects.
Over 100,000 teams get their work done with Monday,com, and brands like Hulu, Coca-Cola, and Adobe are using this platform for a smooth workflow.
You can plan, track, and deliver your team’s work in one workspace.
Allow to create a project plan with the help of a complete drag and drop tool, you can be started with hundreds of customizable templates.
Visualize your work with different views such as chats, timelines, kanban, and more. It helps to save your valuable time and less human error with automation, simply automate the repetitive work in seconds.
They have 24/7 customer support that makes sure to help you out when you are stuck at something, and the average response time is less than 60 minutes.
You can plan workflow and share files from anywhere. It’s available on both mobile app and website.
They help in various works such as project management, team management, sales, CRM, task management, and remote work.
Monday.com makes team collaboration effective, and brings all team members on one platform to reduce communication barriers.
They will have to manage all of your incoming & existing contacts by customer type, priority, and contact details and will also let you manage the sales pipeline as well.
- Easy to visual drag and drop interface
- Readymade templates for getting started in seconds
- Different data visualization such as calendar, timeline, Gantt, map, form, and workload
- Easy integration with 3rd party tools
- Allow managing projects, tasks, and remote work
- Complete sales and CRM solutions for managing the sales pipeline
- Let you automate your workflow
- Easily manage all incoming and existing customers
- Remove communication barriers with team members
- Stay connected anytime & anywhere with your team with a mobile application
Monday.com has a forever free plan which lets you use it absolutely for free.
They offer a 14-day free trial of paid plans. However. the Basic plan subscription starts at $8/mo, the Standard plan costs $10/mo and the Pro plan is around $16/mo.
They also have an Enterprise plan, and have custom pricing contact their sales staff for pricing. Get 18% OFF on Monday.com.
Over 100,000 teams trust in Todoist to manage their team members, projects, and tasks. If organize your team’s tasks, files, and discussions in one place, track progress & delivery on time.
Prioritizing tasks is very important to get organized and focus on projects that are really important, and Todoist helps in that you’ll always be aware of what to work on next.
Todoist apps are available on all major devices desktop, mobile, web browsers, wearables, and emails.
There are many built-in categorized templates to help you get started, for areas such as management, development, education, and others.
It integrates over 50 platforms, and you can share data with even more apps via Zapier integration.
You can set up due dates, prioritize tasks for them and set up reminders to make sure you don’t forget to do things on time.
- Customizable premade templates
- You can create and manage projects, tasks, set up due dates, and assign responsibility
- Complete drag-and-drop dashboard
- 10 apps and plugins
- Multiple integrations including Zapier
- Centralized admin to keep eye on projects and team
- Bank-level encryption ensures security and reliability
- Automatic Backup
They have a free plan with basic features, the Pro plan starts at $4 per month and the Business plan costs $6 per month.
You can activate the Business plan 14-day free trial today without sharing credit card info.
Hive is a popular productivity tool, thousands of companies have been using it all over the world to manage their teamwork.
Trusted by some leading companies like Starbucks, Google, Toyota, and IBM.
They give freedom to work and manage projects in their own way, and have 4 different viewpoints Gantt, Kanban, Calendar, and Table. so your team can visualize data in a suitable way.
It has robust features, you can plan projects, track work, and execute flawless campaigns right from the dashboard.
Hive has an integrated email box that pulls Gmail or Outlook messages into Hive, so you don’t need to leave the platform to communicate with the team or client.
Built-in templates for getting started with task management quickly. Hive has native integrations and also partnered with Zapier, which allows its platform to integrate over 1000 tools.
There are some popular integration tools you use daily such as Google Drive, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Gmail, OneDrice, Google Clander, Zoom, and more.
This is the best tool for project managers, individuals, marketing agencies, education institutes, and more.
The company aims to improve cloud-based workspace productivity for all sizes of businesses.
- Organize work via different views Gantt Chats, Kanban, Calendar, and Table
- Centralize dashboard
- 1000 integration with Zapier
- Trusted by leading brands Google, Starbucks, IBM, and Toyota
- Plan and schedule projects
- Monitor and report projects in real time
- Upload documents on their platform
- Import messages from Gmail and Outlook on the Hive platform
- Collect clients and project information via forms
- Automate repeatable work through have built-in templates
Hive offers a 14-day free trial. the plan starts from $12 per month including flexible project layouts, chat, Hive mail, automation workflow, and more.
The Enterprise plan which is suitable for the organization has custom pricing. You will need to contact the Hive team for quotes.
Although, Hive offers some premium addons, if you need them then you need to pay for an additional addon amount + base price.
Wrike is a robust team management software that empowers your team to do the best work. It transfers the way to your teamwork with live 360 visibility, department collaboration, and powerful automation.
It’s a productivity tool that is needed for any team and has customized dashboards, workflows, request forms, and more.
You can visualize plans and projects with the help of Gantt Chats, Kanban Chats, Workload View, and Calendars. They allow you to track time spent on the project and also let you edit Word documents, pdfs, and images on the cloud.
Wrike integrates with various tools including Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, JIRA, GitHub, and more.
They offer custom request forms, allow you to gather data and auto-assign tasks to the right teams, complete automation, and streamline processes.
It’s a secure cloud-based team management platform that secures all of your data.
- Gantt charts, calendar, kanban, workload view, and more
- Customizable pre-built templates
- 400+ apps integrations
- Realtime updates of projects
- Bird-eye view to keep eyes on individual tasks and team members.
- Cross-department communication and powerful automation
- Enterprise-grade security
- Share files, tasks, and reports instantly
- Simple drag and drop interface
- Automate task approval process after accomplish
- Real-time insights to visualize progress and team performance
Wrike has a free plan with limited features. the Team plan starts at 9.80 per month for project planning & collaboration, including 5GB of storage space.
The Business plan costs $24.80 per month, has robust work management & customization options comes with 50 GB of software, time tracking, report templates, calendar, request forms, salesforce integration, and more.
There’s an Enterprise and Pinnacle plan, you need to quote their sales department for pricing.
It’s a popular team management tool, that organizes work so the team knows what to do, and how to get it done quickly.
When comes to project management, they make sure to stay organized and connect everything. Bring the team’s work on one shared space and also let you choose the project view that you like, There are 3 major views you would love List view, Timeline, and Boards.
It prioritizes your project tasks to let your team know the tasks that they need to complete first.
The platform integrates with over 100 tools and software to collaborate and communicate, gives you real-time insights to keep your eyes on your team process and workload.
You can easily find the projects on track, off track, or at risk.
- Manage the team, work, projects, and tasks in a systematic way through custom fields, forms, subtasks, and attachment
- Several integration options including Slack, Gmail, Zoom, Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe creative cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and more
- Prioritize tasks and set deadlines
- View project status in real-time
- Assess the workload on each member of the team
- Create custom rules in seconds to automate daily common tasks and reduce human errors
- Choose from over 50+ project templates
It has 4 different plans Basic, Premium, Business, and Enterprise.
Basic: This plan is always free and allows you to manage unlimited tasks, projects, and more.
Premium: The plan costs $10.99 per month and includes everything in the Basic plus Timeline, Dashboard, Advance Search & reporting, Custom fields, Forms, Rules, and many more.
Business: The plan costs $24.99 per month including everything in the Premium plus Portfolios, Goals, Custom rule builder, Workload, Form branding & customization, and Advanced integration.
Enterprise: This plan has a custom pricing option depending on your requirements. You need to contact the Asana team for price information.
Trello is a team management software that helps in collaborate, manage projects, and reach new productivity high.
It has been used by over 1,000,000 teams worldwide including some brands like Google, eBay, SpoutSocial, and more.
It’s a very easy-to-use cloud-based digital board that supports work visibility.
Trello cards represent work and tasks that the user can sort, label, and move across different work stages, the card can contain task comments, descriptions, and activities.
You can also perform different functions such as add members, checklists, due dates, and file attachments.
Trello compatible with desktop, tablet, or mobile devices. so, no matter where your team members are, they can easily collaborate with the rest of their team from anywhere.
There are power-up features that let you connect third-party apps that teams are using or rely on. You will also be able to integrate email marketing tools with Trello.
- Automation without coding, reducing tedious tasks
- You can check due dates, attachments, conversations, and more
- Easily integrate with popular tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, Microsoft Team, and etc
- Over 1,000,000 teams using Trello including popular brands Google, eBay, and Spoutsocial
- App available for Apple and Android users
- 100+ power-ups to become compatible with 3rd party tools
- Multi-board guests
- 2-factor authentication
- Priority support for premium plans
Trello Basic plan is free for those who just getting started with a team management tool. the Standard plan costs $5 per month and has everything that Trello offers in the free plan plus; Advanced checklists, unlimited Storage, and Custom fields.
The Premium plan costs $10 per month to users. has all the top features of Trello. You can also sign up a free trial of this plan.
On the other hand, they also have an Enterprise plan that starts from $17.50, you’ll have to contact their sales team to build a customized plan for you.
If your team working remotely then Basecamp is one of the best all-in-one toolkits for you.
They organize everything in one place. It has outstanding automation and integration options that allow you to smooth your workflow.
On their message boards, the team can post, questions, alerts, and messages related to the project.
Basecamp also manages client’s information, you’ll be able to share information and files with clients to get their feedback instantly, no need to go to another 3rd party platform for communication.
They allow to upload files into Basecamp, and users can drag and drop Google files on the network or computer directly into the platform.
It’s available on the web, android, and iOS. so you can easily connect to your team at your own convenience.
Basecamp alone does the work and replaces multiple productivity tools such as Slack, Asana, Dropbox, Gsuite, and more.
- Instant messaging and real-time chats
- Interactive Gantt view
- You can break your project into separate parts
- Manage boards to keep the entire conversation on a single page
- Create do-to lists for all the work you need to accomplish
- Allow scheduling projects for a specific date
- Projects have space to share documents, files, and images
- Automate check-ins to perform a regular task while saving time
- Suitable for individuals, businesses, managers, and freelancers
- Support Windows, iPhone, and Android devices
- Hill-Chats for project tracking
They offer a 30-day free trial of their plans. No credit card is required.
Basecamp plan costs you $15 per month and the Basecamp Pro plan starts at $299 per month. When billed annually.
It allows you to manage tasks, create a team & schedule work, track work time, and bill your clients. You can schedule & monitor activity in real-time and easy adjustments with the Gantt charts.
Paymo managed over 2.12 million projects and 2.08 billion invoices. The stats are really impressive.
It has integrated with Gsuite, Google Apps, Slack, Quickbook, Zapier, and more.
It’s a complete management tool. Offer a bird’s eye view for team utilization, You can easily find in the timeline, who’s available for work or not.
Paymo helps in invoicing too, you can create invoices and share them with your client for approval. They also offer to get paid directly from the invoice through one of the native payment getaways.
- Advanced task management system
- Easy scheduling and monitoring
- Real-time task comments
- Allow to see task list and due dates to organize tasks
- Measure work time on desktop and mobile apps
- Customizable report builder
- Bird’s eye view for team utilization
- Allow to create and send an invoice to the clients
- Enable you to accept online payments for invoices
- Easily integrate with other task management tools
- Add, and track expenses with multiple language support
Paymo offers a free plan, you can use it absolutely for free.
However, the Starter plan costs $5.95 per month, Small Office plan costs $11.95 per month, and Business $24.95 per month.
Small Office and Business plans have no user limit.
Team management software is effective in managing your team, tasks, and projects. If you are a manager or have a large team to manage, it helps you to effortlessly collaborate with a team.
Every team member can enjoy work transparency and easy communication with each other.
A team management tool also assigns tasks to members according to their workflow or specialization and integration options, letting users connect with third-party apps to manage everything from a single platform.
We have mentioned some of the best team management software, you can choose one depending on your needs.
- 10 Best AI Writing Tools and Software for Copywriting
- 10 Best Multistreaming Software for Video Broadcasting
- Top 6 Online Course Creation Platforms
Hi, I am Kundan Sharma Founder of this blog Blogging Spark. I’m a passionate Blogger and Digital Marketer. Who share useful content that helps you to build a profitable Blog to make passive income online.